FIM ASIA SUPERMOTO CHANPIONSHIP 2016 R1 Newcatsle
FIM ASIA SUPERMOTO CHAMPIONSHIP 2016 R1 Australia Newcastle September 3rd and 4th
The Asia Supermoto championship opening round was held on September 3rd and 4th in Newcastle, Australia.
Newcastle is an old harbor city that is located 150km north of Sydney.
Nobbys Beach on the west edge of the city has white beautiful sand and is a popular tourist spot.
This race was held at the park in Nobbys Beach and public roads around that area.
NEWCASTLE OLD TOWN
Participating countries included the likes of Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia,
China, Taiwan, Japan, and Singapore.
And also the UK, France , Spain, and the USA joined too.
So it was more like a world championship.
And this time the Australian Supermoto championship was held at the same time.
It has Women’s Class, Veterans’ Class, Open Class, and Pro class.
#75Boris ChaMbon / France
#101 Takashi Sasaki / Japan
#32 Khairi Zakaria / Malaysia
#1Jessica Boujos / NEWCASTLE WOMENS class
Course design was Australian (i.e. motocross active) like.
Long dirt sections (almost 30%!!) that included a high speed jump
and a Tarmac section with a straight line and chicane.
There are no corners like a regular circuit because they are using public roads.
(But the audience could see sliding rides in the beginning of dirt section.
Hats off to them for the thinking about the audience.)
Which means the speed in the dirt section was the key to the race.
So many riders were using rain tires for both front and rear.
This championship was a part of a festival in Newcastle and it was held for an audience.
It seems like almost a hundred thousand people were there.
The actual number wasn’t announced but according to what I saw 20 thousand came for sure.
No entrance fee. Families and all kind of people enjoyed and attended the event.
An Australian local rider showed overpowering speed and strength and won.
#101 LUKE JORGE/SUZUKI won Race 1 and Race 2.
He won with a long lead ahead of the other riders.
He is still a 22 years old (looks younger, about 18 years old) motocross rider.
Malaysian rider #27 MUHD HABIBULLAH/KTM kept up with that Australian rider and he placed 2nd in Race 2 on Sunday.
#75 BORIS CHAMBON from France won a prize too.
#217 ANDREW MUCLIESH / Husqvarna, #387 MICHAEL KILKNESS / HONDA, #24 LUKE RICHARDS / HONDA
were taking an active part.
#217 ANDREW MUCLIESH placed 2nd in Race 1 and 3rd in Race 2.
This FIM Asia Supermoto opening round showed strength of Australian riders.
#101x Luke Gorge / Australia
#27 Muhd Habibullah / Malaysia
#24 Luke Richards / Australia
This race was a mixed battle with local top riders in the Asia Championship.
There was 2 kinds of result which were for
Asia Championship riders only and an overall result that included an Australian rider, Chambon, and a UK champion.
Because they considered FIM Asia championship series points.
Shinji Tomita placed 4th and Takashi Sasaki placed 5th in FIM Asia championship result.
FIM ASIA SUPERMOTO CHAMPIONSHIP R1
#4 Makoto Arai / Japan
#38 Shinji Tomota /Japan
#101 Takashi Sasaki / Japan
#1 Chris Hadgson / UK Champion
FASM attracted a large audience and so many countries joined. So it was successful.
Round 2 will be held on October 8th and 9th in Malaysia.
Yasushi Matsumoto (YAMAHA) a.k.a Yassy twice awarded champion in Japan will be joining this R2.
#101 Sasaki a.k.a Sasayan and Yassy will be joining.
A little concern regarding an injury on Sasayan’s left hand.
Dave Mckenna / Street Stunt Rider
#101 Takashi Sasaki
A Message from CP sports that has Makoto Arai and Shinji Tomita.
“We couldn’t finish our machine without Mr.Scott’s support.
Makoto could finish the race because of Mr.Scott. Thank you so much.”
OBUSE / CP SPORT
If you have any question feel free to shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We here at “KRAZy” are particular about sending information.
We generate revenues from advertisements and the sales of goods because we want future motorcycle fans and future mortar race fans to look up this website.
It would be nice if you buy our merchandise once a year to help us continue this website.
We sell merchandise 4-5 times year online only.
We think the next sale will take place be in May after Golden Week.
We put all the reports up in this “TOPICS” section or 2 sections first.the update them again after separating them by genre in about a week.
To look up old reports or information, search for “Race Report” or “Event” or
whatever suits your need.
If you click AND MORE at the bottom, the list of all the reports from the past will be shown.
Publication supervisor: Masayuki Kondo
- 2017.10.04 We are going to feature custom Supermoto vehicles. Please send photos.
- 2017.09.20 We are going to feature Supermoto custom vehicles.
- 2017.05.30 Supermoto Japan 2017 opened on April 29th & 30th at Okegawa Sports Land in Saitama.
- 2017.04.25 Supermoto Japan 2017 is opening.
- 2017.04.06 The very popular Karuizawa Prince Ski Area “Snow Ride” has ended. Thank you so much.
- 2017.02.27 Playing in the snow in Japan / Karuizawa
- 2017.02.16 Kumamoto earthquake on 14th April 2016 / Motorcycle Shop'Dune Moto'
- 2016.12.09 All Japan Supermoto Championship. WGP champion Hiroshi Aoyama participated as well.
- 2016.11.15 SUZUKI DR-Z400S 2004 SP / Stefan Shambon Guidon d or / English Report
- 2016.10.30 D1-GP 2016 Rd.7 & EX ‘TOKYO DRIFT’
- 2016.09.16 Notice. Soon, whole, article update / FIM ASIA Supermoto R1
- 2016.09.10 FIM ASIA SUPERMOTO CHANPIONSHIP 2016 R1 Newcatsle
- 2016.09.05 Supermoto Japan R5 Hiroshima
- 2016.09.05 Tne new machine / Taka Higashino
- 2016.07.22 Supermoto Japan R4 / English
- 2016.07.02 YAMAHA YZ125X Debut! / They announced that the Cross Country Enduro motorcycle "YZ125X" would be released in Japan
- 2016.06.16 World KRAZy / POLICE Next Generation
- 2016.05.15 SUPERMOTO JAPAN '16 #300Takayama's first victory.
- 2016.04.16 JNCC Round 2 Osaka / English
- 2015.10.05 SUPERMOTO JAPAN 2015 R6 Biwako / World KRAZy